Looking Back & Moving Forwards
Our birth debriefing service helps you to look back at what happened with previous births and explore why things went the way they did. We can then use this to prepare for this time round and look at how to avoid the same happening again.
The process usually involves the following;
- Request a copy of your notes from your previous birth(s).
- Sarah or Pip will read through your notes and draw up a timeline of events and decisions.
- Write down your birth story (your partner may wish to do this too).
- When we meet we will bring together your birth story, your notes and the timeline to explore the reasons for your experience playing out as it did.
- We will discuss what is important to you about this birth and your previous experience and drawing up a birth plan to help you and your birth partner stay in control with information and choices regardless of the path you take this time.
Birth debriefing is NOT about apportioning blame or guaranteeing a perfect outcome this time. It is about exploring what happened and why and looking at how you can stay in control whatever happens by equipping yourself and your birth partner with information and coping strategies.
The above is not set in stone – contact us for more information if you think you may be interested in this service.